The Leader in Aftermarket Window Regulators
Smart Motor Technology
Dorman is the only aftermarket supplier developing today’s advanced smart motor technology Window Lift Motors.
What is a Smart Motor?
芒果体育Any motor containing a Printed Circuit Board with microcontroller and embedded software.
Our circuit boards and embedded software are designed to restore all original advanced window functions such as anti-pinch, auto up/down, global open and more where applicable to the original design. Our investment in technology cements our status as the aftermarket leader in Window Regulators and the high-growth complex electronics movement.
Plug & Play Design
Our engineering expertise in Printed Circuit Board Technology allows us to deliver a complete plug-and-play fix for late model applications by offering Integrated Window Control Assemblies (IWCA) that combine a Window Regulator and Smart Window Lift Motor into one convenient SKU, where smart motors are originally supplied.
Market Leading Coverage
Dorman offers over 2,700 Window Regulators, with additional coverage added monthly.
芒果体育Dorman’s market leading program includes hundreds of exclusive applications.
The Right Coverage
Our product development includes extensive market input and feedback, enabling us to introduce quality parts that address the most in-demand parts you need for your business.
- With a focus on exacting precision, Dorman analyzes both original parts and individual components at the beginning of its design process.
- Dorman’s analysis establishes a complete product baseline that enables it to identify OE design flaws as opportunities for design improvements.
- These steps assure that every Dorman Window Regulator released to the market delivers on its promise of proper fit, form and long lasting function.
3-Dimensional Coordinate Measuring
- The 3-dimensional coordinate measuring of the doors helps minimize the risk of damage to the replacement Regulator by eliminating the need to alter the product during installation.
- No bending, twisting or adjusting is required. Dorman’s Regulator achieves a perfect fit right out of the box.
- Tensile testing is used to evaluate individual elements of the part assembly.
- This test measures the strength of the cable and the amount of force needed to unsecure the cable from its mounting or for the cable to fray.
Material Hardness Testing
- Extensive testing verifies that the correct material is being used for the application.
- If a material tests poorly, the Dorman Engineering team continues testing to determine if the failure is design or material related and makes the adjustments necessary to resolve the problem and provide a best in class product.
Motor Dyno Testing
- This certifies motor performance of original Window Regulator and Dorman's redesigned Window Regulator.
- Verifies that the original part meets or exceeds the declared horsepower rating and the Dorman part meets or exceeds our standards for performance.
- Cycle testing validates the durability and performance of every Dorman Regulator and Motor over extended cycles.
- Each Regulator is installed in its corresponding door and tested for 10,000 cycles which is equivalent to three to four years of normal use.
- Each and every Dorman Window Regulator is tested on a vehicle to ensure a trouble-free installation, excellent performance and operational durability.
- This real-life testing assists in creating step-by-step installation instructions, and gives insight into future product enhancements.
Plastic inserts used in original window slide becomes brittle and cracks over time, allowing cable ends to tear free.
Dorman replaced the original plastic with a nylon material, which improved the durability and eliminated the premature pull-out of the Window Regulator cable.
Original cable guide relies on a rectangular design that commonly breaks, causing the cable to pull free.
芒果体育Dorman redesigned the rectangular cable end to a cylindrical design with robust material to prevent breakage.
Originally designed as a flat, stamped steel piece that had the tendency to bend under limited regulator stress.
Dorman replaced the original steel with a thicker, more durable metal, and re-engineered the bracket in a rolled-edge design for additional strength. This allows the bracket to withstand greater wear stress than the original design.
These metal arms were originally designed with 2.0mm steel and had the tendency to bend and twist under normal use.
芒果体育Dorman redesigned the metal arms with an improved grade of metal at an increased thickness to prevent the bending and twisting that was previously an issue with this Window Regulator style.
Diagnostics Flow Chart
Need help diagnosing your window regulator problem? View our diagnostic flow chart which can help determine the regulator issue.Download Chart